The Australian Lace Guild was incorporated in 1985 and operates nationally with branches in each state. The Queensland Branch has it’s own state committee which among other things operates a library organises workshops and holds open general meetings as well as an annual general meeting.
The aim and objectives of our organisation are:
- To promote lacemaking as a craft throughout Australia
- To bring together people interested in all forms of lace and lacemaking
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information on lace and lacemaking
- To establish and maintain standards of excellence in the craft of lacemaking in all forms
- For personal and public education