Library Borrowing, Privilages and Rules
- The borrower can keep the books for 3 months providing no other member requests them during that time.
- When requested by another member, the Librarian can recall the book/s, but not before the borrower has had them for a minimum of 1 month. If recalled they should be returned as soon as possible.
- Three items maximum may be borrowed / on loan at any one time excluding videos / DVDs and newsletters which may be borrowed for 1 month only.
- Books and/or videos/dvds should be returned in teh same packaging as they were sent or another Jiffy pack, cardboard or solid package material to avoid damage.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to do so as she/he can be asked to pay replacement cost of book/s or video/s.
Fees & Charges
- There is a $2.50 charge per item borrowed. Fee increase General Business Meeting November 2022.
- The borrower pays return postage only.
- Cost of damage or loss of book/s (video/s, DVD) is met by the borrower.
- Failure to return items within the due time will result in the member being unable to borrow again.
- The books in the library have been grouped according to the information they contain and as such the same book can appear in several lace groups e.g. Book 3 Bobbin Lace Making by Doris Southard is in the Lace groups Brussels, Bucks, Honiton, Tonder, Torchon because it contained chapters on each of these lace types.
- If you borrow a book which you believe should be grouped differently please advise the librarian
Should you have any queries as to the contents of a book, or where to find particular requirements, reassessment material etc., your librarian is only too happy to help with advice.
How to Borrow
Review our online catalogue (currently can be downloaded below) and then send us an email request by clicking the button below:
Books/Resources Available for Borrowing
Whilst the full resource list is completed, please download the list of resources available for borrowing.
A Manual of Handmade Bobbin...
This book provides a comprehensive and expert guide to lace technique and is executed in an exhaustive and practical manner....
Bedfordshire Lace Patterns
A selection of 93 beautiful Bedfordshire pieces arranged in four sections - motifs, borders and insertions, mats and dress decorations.
Bobbin or pillow lace is a very old art which has almost died out except for a few regions of...
Dryad Book of Bobbin Lace
The 1980s saw a slew of books produced on bobbin lace during it's resurgence. During this period, Dryad created their...